Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Rochelle QS

Week 2 - Page 1
I am enjoying stitching this.  It has been a bit of a challenge as I chose a piece of Opalescent that I had - 28 count.  It is woven a little like hardanger and I had great difficulty stitching as I kept splitting the threads.  I have decided that I will have to stitch this one without glasses - this means that I have to be a lot closer to my work but I am getting used to it and I have my chart pretty close too.

It also uses Glow in the dark thread for the moon and stars and I love it when I switch off the light and see them twinkling.  I will try and see if I can get a picture of it in the dark.

I have also kitted up Terra Fairy for the 2011 HAED SAL.  I love the greens in this.  I suppose I should be sick of stitching with green after Leaf but green is such a soothing colour to work with.

I have also kitted up Please My Wings Take Me Away (PMWTMA)  Kim and I plan to stitching this in the New Year.  We have both chosen 2 different red fabrics.  We also had the background removed.  My red is a real hot red.  I can't wait to see how this turns out.  It calls for 032 bf but I am going to do the body parts that call for 032 in 3685 and keep the sparklies for the wings.

I would also take this opportunity to wish every one a very Merry Christmas and hope that your day is full of fun and laughter with family and friends.

Annette B

No comments:

LinkWithin